Your First Visit
On your first visit to our office, we want to learn how you would like to improve your oral health. After a thorough examination, we will then take time to discuss your treatment options in detail, allowing you ample opportunity to ask questions. We will work closely with your general dentist to help you decide on the treatment you feel is best for you.
The main goal of your first visit is for us to learn as much as we can about your mouth and about your lifestyle. During your first visit, we obtain important background information. Our doctors will review your medical and dental history, any medications you may be taking, followed by:
- A complete oral, periodontal and cancer screening exam including examining your gums to check for bleeding, swelling, and recession; examining your jawbone to help detect the breakdown of bone surrounding your teeth; and evaluating your teeth to determine their proper alignment, how they fit together when you bite and any sensitivity or looseness.
- An assessment of the depth of the spaces between your teeth (periodontal pockets).
- X-rays showing the bone levels between your teeth to check for possible bone loss.
- Discussion of findings and any treatment options.
To help your first visit to our office run as smoothly as possible please bring the following information:
- Your referral slip and X-rays from your referring dentist
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Insurance card or other forms
You may complete the patient registration and medical history forms prior to your first appointment. Please print and complete the forms (click HERE for Forms) and email (email@example.com), fax (703-842-8671) or hand carry them to your first visit.
We are passionate about your oral health. Our practice team will work together with you to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dentistry. To fulfill this mission we are committed to:
- Listening to you, our patient.
- Working closely with you and your general dentist to decide the treatment plan that best meets your needs.
- Creating a comfortable and compassionate professional environment.
- Continuously improving the care we provide.
We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day. For your convenience, our office is open during the following hours:
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
We have plenty of complimentary on-site parking available. You may park around the perimeter of our building and on Level A of the parking garage underneath our building. Our office is located at 4460 Kenmore Ave, Alexandria, VA, 22304.
Our receptionists have been specially trained to listen to your concerns and answer your questions. They will always enlist the help of the doctors in the practice when there are questions they are unable to answer. We ask only that you provide us with 48 hours notice if you are unable to keep an appointment.